Black Anodized Billet Aluminum Filter Head identical to the one shipped with the Duramax Auxiliary Fuel Filter Kit. Inlet and Outlet are 1/2″ NPT. The top of the filter head has a bleed screw. This head can be used in place of the factory Duramax filter head assembly if you have a lift pump to handle the priming function. This is an excellent choice for those with a lift pump that are tired of rebuilding the OEM filter head, want to run higher pressures, or need higher flow. Due to the low-profile design of it you can run a taller filter than you can on the OEM filter head using on of our filter adapters.
Benefits over the OEM Filter Head:
1) no o-rings to leak
2) no fear of running too much pressure and having a failure
3) no need to run one of our adapters to run a better filter
4) lower profile means the top of the filter sits higher up so you can run a longer filter without getting close to the exhaust manifold
5) Can be ordered to fit 1″-14, 7/8-14″ and 1″-12 nipples to encompass a wide variety of filters
6) MUCH less expensive than replacing the OEM filter head
7) anodized aluminum for protection from the elements
8) add some more bling under the hood
In order to use this you must be running a lift pump on your truck. The head does not have a priming pump assembly and therefore you must have a way to prime the system.